Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 06, 2009

Goodbye Spectrum...

...we hardly knew ye! Well, the girls hardly knew it,Mike and I have very fond memories of the old Spectrum. We took the girls to their last ever Phantoms regular season game last night. By now you must have figured out that Mike and I have a very unhealthy obsession with Philadelphia sports. Hockey in particular, but any sport will satisfy our craving for competition! We were looking forward to passing on this little hobby to the girls. Then the Phantoms got sold, right out from under us. Then they decided to tear the spectrum down. First the Vet, now the Spectrum! I guess we will be in the market for another minor league hockey team to follow! Actually, the Flyers "made us an offer we couldn't refuse"! We got season tix to the Flyers very discounted, and split the season with Jeff so even better price!! Anyway, the hockey goes on in our house; Vancouver is coming up! But that is another post!

In other news, the girls had thier first dentist appointments today. Everything went much better than anticipated! They walked right into the exam room and when the hygenist said "who wants to go first?"; Lila volunteered and jumped right into the chair! Since she then knew the skinny, after she was done she hung by the side of the hygenist and made sure her sisters got thier well deserved stickers!! She actually would remind the poor woman! They all did really well and no cavities. We go back in 6 months.

Ava has her CHOP ENT appt tomorrow. We will have the results of the sleep study and hopefully get the surgery scheduled. I'm pretty sure they will take the tonsils out too but I could get a pleasant surprise tomorrow. Apparently, the adnoids surgery is not too bad, recovery in 3 to5 days. Tonsils and adnoids is 2 week recovery. My friend Amy's twins both had the longer surgery and she said they were down and out for about 10 days. We'll see, as long as she gets relief I will be happy!

We had breakfast with the easter bunny this weekend. It was good, the girls didn't cry at him! I figured that was a good sign! We tried to hang around for the egg hunt but the wind was so bad that the girls were crying to go back to the car. So we walked all the way back to the car and Olivia started crying that she wanted to get eggies. So I walked Liv back to the egg hunt while Mike stayed in the car with the other two. Of course, the hunt starts before we get there; so I just kinda throw her in the mix and she comes away with about 7 eggs. Not too bad for a first time hunter!!!! We''l get more practice on thursday at my twin club egg hunt!

No comments: