She did amazingly well. The nurse who set up all the probes said he has never had a child her age behave so well. He said he was shocked. They put about a dozen or more probes on her head, some on her chest, some on each leg and a pulse/ox on her foot. She didn't whimper at all. The only thing she did not like was that they had to put a nasal canula in her nose to measure her breathing. Well, she mouth breathes so they had to add another one over her mouth. She was not happy with that, but by the time they were done setting up, it was almost 9 so she zoned out and fell asleep.
I had the luxurious bed/couch next to her hospital bed for the night. But, thanks to wireless internet and facebook, I was able to chat with Lisa for a little while before I went to sleep. They woke us up at 630, disconnected her wires and we were out the door by 645. She did great and we have a follow up in a week or so.
I sent some pictures to Lisa while we were there. Here's Ava with her probes on and the little hairnet to keep them from coming off.

Ava took this one herself

1 comment:
Go Ava you a such a champ! Oh yeah, Mike, good job too at supporting Ava through the night!
Post a Comment