Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 30, 2006

Two-thirds of the way there

We're almost all home. Today Lisa and I brought Lila and Ava home. Olivia had an alarm episode overnight during her feeding so they want to keep her for observations for 48 hours. They think it is most likely her uncoordination with eating and breathing, but it ould also be an infection. Fortunately, so far she has shown no other signs that it would be an infection.

I am now on shift 1 as Lila and Ava are just falling asleep after their 8 and 9 o'clock feedings. Lila is a bit of a "noodge". We finally found a way she is comfy that is not on me. I am going to feed her at 12, then get Lisa up for Ava at 1. Lisa is goingto do Ava at 1 then Lila at 4, then get me for Ava at 5. At least that is how we have it planned.

We are trying to get ourselves into a schedule. We'll keep everyone up to date as to how well we do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohooo! Welcome home Lila and Ava! They can get you guys nice and in the groove before Olivia comes home and all of The Three Amigas take control of the house :)

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for all of you. Can't wait for Olivia to come home too. Good luck to all of you

Bridget said...

Great news! What a wonderful feel;ing tp have yoru girls home after such a prolenged NICU stay. I'm sure yoru hearts are breaking with Olivia as she stays in the NICU. I hope she is home soon. Best wishes to you family. BTW Jesse and I do shift too. We both do the 10pm then Jesse does the 2 and I do the 4. We both do both girls durign our shift. Waking one after the other is done. usually takes abt 45 minutes but then we each get a stretch of sleep. I have even gotten it down during the day to nurse one baby and bottle feed the other at the same time while she sits in her bouncer. Its a time saver. Especially when Mia is waitign for me to do something with her or feed her too. Of course that's with two newborns not THREE!! Good luck!
bridget