Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A very fun day!

Sunday was a really great day with the girls. Yes, I am implying that there are days that are not so great! But anyway, this was a good one. We met Grammy for lunch at the Champps in South Philly. Lila had grilled cheese and Ava and Liv had corn dogs. The girls ate everything we put in front of them! I know what you are thinking about corn dogs and frankly,no pun intended, I was thinking the same thing. Ava affectionately called them "hot dog pops" the whole time. After lunch we went to the Macy's light show in center city. We braved it without a stroller!! Funny story, we ran into Bridget and Jessie who were also stroller free in the store!! We are all getting brave! We watched the light show then went up to see the Dicken's Village. The girls were so good waiting in line and they really liked walking through the display even if they had no idea what any of it was!! They were looking in all the little windows of the fake houses and Ava only fell into a display once, which I thought was pretty good for her. I was convinced we were going to have to stop her from climbing the displays! When you come out of the village, there is a line to see the big man in red. Having no confidence in this going well, we waited in line anyway. When Buddy the elf escorted us to "our" santa, I casually remarked that we may make a quick exit. The girls proved me wrong! They were a little apprehensive at first because you kinda go into this weird little room and this santa is just sitting there. But once Mike and i started talking to him the girls warmed up. Mike and I sat down to get a picture and the girls sat with us and - drum roll please - our first picture with santa!!!! Post it here you say? You'll have to wait for your christmas card! Anyway, the girls started telling Santa what they want for christmas which included a green bike, a puppy, pizza and a "baby tubby." Santa suggested a stuffed puppy instead and I decided that this was the best santa on the planet! He also told the girls that they have to go to bed very early on xmas eve so he can bring thier presents. So now when you ask Lila what Santa told her, she says "seeping, me, santa". Very cute. I can't believe they listen to a strange man in a red suit better than they listen to me. Don't be surprised to find me in a red suit and white beard sometime in the next two weeks!!! So you can chalk this next story up to the "if it works" category. In one of my shopping frenzies, I bought a magnet for the refrigerator. It is a bunch of magnets that when you put them together make a santa face. The girls love playing with refrigerator santa, and the other day Liv took off running with the eye magnets. Of course, this sent Lila over the edge because it disrupted the flow of the universe. In an effort to get Liv to put the eyes back and return Lila to a zen like state, I told the girls that refrigerator santa needs his eyes to see what they are doing so he can tell the real santa if they are being good. they bought the whole story and a new threat was born. Now, every time i need the girls to do something, I tell them that refigerator santa is watching or that refrigerator santa wants them to eat their peas!!! I strongly urge everyone to get a refrigerator santa!! I am even considering having one made that looks like me, maybe the girls will actually listen to refrigerator mommy!!!!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I like the magnet story. I wonder if my girls would listen to that one!