Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween and the World Champion Phillies!!!

Since this is the girls' blog I figure I'll start with their halloween pictures! We went out about 5:30 and lasted about an hour. The girls started out walking door to door but it was slow going. Mike had to go get our wagon and the girls rode most of the way! I was the official door bell ringer!! After each house, the exchange pretty much went like this :
-recieve candy
-ask for candy to be opened
-candy opened by adult
-one bite taken by child
-candy handed back to adult while child searches for another piece of candy
-said adult eats rest of the candy bar while opening the next piece
-and the cycle starts over again
The last block or so, the candy buckets were so heavy that the girls put them in the wagon and they walked!!!! Even so, Lila kept saying "more"! I think the girls had fun but they may still have been confused by the whole concept!


Our wagon full of veggies and fruit!



Lila the pumpkin

Ava the strawberry
Olivia is our resident corn

Checking out our haul!!


Ok, now I have to tell you about the crazy day we had prior to trick or treating with the girls. After some serious consideration, we decided against taking the girls in to the city for the parade. When they started estimating that over a million people would show up, we thought maybe it wouldn't be a good idea. Grammy and Mommom were able to split the day between them so Mike and I could go into the city. I spent about an hour on the computer on thursday trying to get tickets into the celebration at Citizen's Bank Park. I didn't get park tickets but I did get 6 tickets to Lincoln Financial Feild. Bridget was also trying to get tickets, so we decided to leave the kids home (all 6 between the two of us!) and go just the four of us. We had so much fun!!! Mike used his badge at the Navy yard and we parked right there. No traffic getting in. We tailgated in the parking lot for almost 2 hours. Then took our "road sodas" and walked towards the stadium. It was crazy but a good crazy. So many people and everybody was cheering and partying. We took pictures in front of the park and headed through some of the parking lots to see the action. And there was lots of action. Eventually we made it into the Linc and got seats 4 rows off the field. They were showing the parade on the big screens and so we watched it get closer. Around 3, Charlie Manuel made a grand entrance with the trophy followed by the players. Here are some good pics I got.

Jason Werth


Jesse, Bridget, Lisa and Mike

Jaime Moyer


Cole Hamels MVP!!

No comments: