Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Get Ready to March!

I can't believe it has been a year since we did our first March of Dimes walk!! This year we are walking on April 27 at Challenge Grove Park in Cherry Hill. We have formed a team with some of our twin friends! It is hard to believe that these energetic girls of ours were born eight weeks too early. Our family benefited from the research and medical breakthroughs that the March of Dimes pioneered. They helped to bring our girls home to us sooner than expected. The MOD called for a system of intensive care units specifically for newborns. We are very familiar with the NICU. They also pioneered research into prescribing folic acid to prevent birth defects. It was one of the first things I was prescribed when I was pregnant. Even if you did not have a premature baby, you may have benefited from the MOD's work. They called for and passed the mandatory 48 hour hospital stay. Although it was difficult to see our girls in the hospital, we knew they were getting the care they needed. We want to make sure that other families benefit from this great work. Please consider joining us to walk or donating to our team. We have a site that you can visit to see more of our story and help us to reach our goal. If you have a minute, go through the archives of this site and look back at the pictures of the girls. I do when I need to be reminded of how lucky we are!

www.marchforbabies.com/thezinkgirls

No comments: