Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 05, 2009

I'm liberated!

Well, from diapers that is! The girls are doing amazingly well with the potty. They wear underwear all day, in the house or out! The only place they still wear a pull up is the babysitting at the gym and that is only because they make them. I know that the one day I send them in underpants, someone will have an accident and I will never hear the end of it! But everywhere else we go, it underpants all the way baby! In fact, we just spent the weekend in Washington DC with the girls and they did great with the potty. Of course, we explored every bathroom in the Smithsonian collection of museums! But we had a great weekend. We stayed in a suites hotel 2 blocks from the metro station. We just pushed the girls in strollers onto the trains. We did the natural history, american history and air and space museum. Then on our way out of town we hit the national zoo. The girls were so good the whole time. Looking at fossils and dino bones, seeing Julia Child's kitchen and an old gunboat that Lila told me was as old as me! Uh, I don't think so! They especially liked the airplanes at A&S. Mike was digging that! He was very proud when the girls were looking at a display and said "the astronaut don't have he gloves and helmet on"! They also learned that fossils were"rocks with dino bones in them". Friday night they stayed up until 10 pm! They slept on the special bed or the bed that "hiding in the couch". The room had a sleeper sofa and we put all three of them on it! they slept ok until one of them touched the other and then we had to get up and go move them!

The girls are totally obsessed with Ariel (the little mermaid) right now. I took them to see the little stage version of it at Discovery Museum. Since then, Olivia runs around saying she is "little mermaid Ariel" all day! All three of them want to be Ariel for halloween! We are down the shore this week and went over to the outlets today in AC. We went to the Disney store and got the girls Ariel nightgowns (which they are wearing to bed right now), shirts and dresses! Actually they are still awake and it is 9:30. I guess it is all the salt air!

We started our Family Circle Playgroup this week. It is a parent led type of preschool. I stay with them and have a schedule of when I am responsible for the day's activities. The first day went well. I wouldn't say they were excited to go, but they went and had a good time. Of course, they didn't talk to any of the other kids! Just each other! Kinda why I am doing this with them.

We are in the middle of planning a big Dora and Diego bash for the girls' third birthday. I can hardly believe they are almost three years old! It has gone by so fast!
Here are a few pearls of wisdom courtesy of Lila:
"I make peepee with my poopy so poopy can swim"
"Aye, Aye captain" when I told her to get her shoes on.
"I'm watching this show, then we are going." when I told her it was time to go to playgroup.
"I don't like it too hot, Mom" when I was getting the tub ready for their bath.
Some days I think they are 3 going on 33!

No comments: