Mike and I have been called this (and worse) on several occasions in our life but this week we earned it! Lila kicked the week off on Tues by throwing her guts up in the Moorestown Mall food court. Yum - I was telling people "don't have the sushi"! Just joking. But it was really gross. The car smelled so bad that Olivia was looking like she was going to get sick on the way home. Of course this was after we spent an hour in the Sears portrait studio trying to get 18 month pictures. You can use your imagination to figure out how that went - Hint - you won't be getting any in the mail soon. Lila was sick all day and I took her to the pediatrician on Wed. I was not expecting the doc to tell me she had a respiratory virus. She had a breathing treatment in the office and they sent us home with a nebulizer. Then I realized that Olivia had the same cough and green stuff coming out of her nose. So I had to bring Lila back on Thurs for a follow up and made Liv an appt at the same time. Turns out at the second appt that Liv has the same virus. They are both on the same breathing treatment/steroid regimen. I prayed that none of the other babies would get sick to their stomach. Apparently, I was not specific enough. I spent all of Wed night throwing up and Mike had the opposite problem (if you get what I mean!). We were able to pull it together for the second dr's appt (third in a week if you count Liv and her croup - see other post). Lila's breathing had improved already so that is a good sign. Luckily today seemed to be the turning point and we are all on the mend. All but Ava, who never got anything!! So far, so good...
Never the ones to slow down, Sunday is our March of Dimes walk. We are adding two new little team members in our hearts this year. We will be thinking of Adam and Lily and walking for their future. They are my friend Lisa's twins who were born at 24 weeks. They are critical but stable right now. This is extremely early and they face a long road but with the great medical care they are receiving, we all remain optimistic. Hopefully next year they will walk with us!! If you haven't already, please consider donating to our team. There are so many babies that benefit from this money. We are extremely lucky that our girls are doing so well. Although Mike said it is because they got some of their mother's stubborness! What do you all think? On second thought, maybe I don't want to know!!!
www.marchforbabies.com/thezinkgirls
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment